TE: Transient-Evoked Otoacoustic Emission (TEOAE) Module
|Screenshot of HearID + TE, showing the TEOAE stimulus (left) and TEOAE response (right).
TEOAEs provide a quick and objective test of the cochlea's outer hair cells when a normal middle ear is present. A series of transient stimuli (wideband clicks or chirps) are sent into the ear canal. The resulting TEOAE, coming from the inner ear through the middle ear, is measured in the ear canal between stimulus presentations. In less than a minute, a wideband assessment is achieved.
For use with newborns, infants, and adults.
TE Module Highlights
To run HearID + TE, you need a HearID software and hardware system, with the TE Measurement Module.
- Clinical and Research modes.
- Preset measurement protocols included.
- Save your favorite protocols by name.
- Synchronized spontaneous otoacoustic emissions mode.
- Stimulus Types: rectangular click, biphasic rectangular click, Gaussian click, differentiated Gaussian click, flat group-delay chirp, linear group-delay chirp, Dau group-delay chirp, Shera group-delay chirp.
- Customizable stimulus bandwidth, duration, level, white or pink spectrum, polarity.
Adjustable inter-stimulus interval.
Linear and non-linear stimulus presentation modes.
|TEOAE test showing a Pass result in 5 bands.
Green spectrum shows TEOAE amplitude, orange spectrum shows noise level.
- Adjustable high and low pass TEOAE response filters.
- Adjustable TEOAE response window.
- Adjustable graphical noise rejection level, plus optional automated mode.
- Observe stimuli acoustically and electrically in real time.
- In-the-ear probe calibration, including option for spectrum compensation.
- Pass / Refer results clearly indicated and user configurable.
- Improved stopping rules terminate the test early once Pass results are achieved. Wideband and narrowband rules are individually customizable.
Back to Products